Milly and Becky Rosso: Rising Stars | Teen Ink

Milly and Becky Rosso: Rising Stars

May 2, 2009
By uniqueness SILVER, Chandler, Arizona
uniqueness SILVER, Chandler, Arizona
7 articles 0 photos 2 comments

They’re young, talented and twins-Milly and Becky Rosso definitely have a lot going for them. The 14 year old identical twins from England are quickly rising into Hollywood’s teen spotlight after appearing on the popular Disney Channel sitcom, The Suite Life of Zack and Cody. Their new movie Legally Blondes is out on DVD April 28,2009 and will air on ABC Family on August 2, 2009.

Tell me about the Legally Blondes movie and what got you interested in this project?

Milly- Well, it’s the third movie in the series produced by Reese Witherspoon. We were so thrilled to be a part of this project. We love Reese; she’s one of our favorite actresses.

Becky- We play Elle Wood’s British twin cousins who come to America to go to a prep school on scholarship. We don’t really fit in because we don’t dress like everyone else. There’s a mean girl who picks on us and tries to frame us for something we didn’t do. We have to prove our innocence with the lawyer skills we inherited from Elle.

You’re from England, when did you move to America?

Becky- We have been in LA for 31/2 years now and we love it here. Everyone is so friendly and the weather is beautiful.

One of the charming things about you is your accents. Have you kept your accent in all of the acting projects you’ve gotten?

Milly- Well when we were on Suite Life, they wanted us to keep our accents, although it was a bit exaggerated. Maybe in the future, we might have to change and do an American accent.

What was your experience like on Zack and Cody?

Milly- It was awesome. That’s where we got discovered when we were in the audience for a taping of the show. We didn’t have any acting experience before that. An executive producer saw us and that we were British twins and asked us to audition. We were only supposed to be in one episode, but they liked us so much, that they put our characters in 7 episodes. So if it wasn’t for that, we wouldn’t have gotten our big break.

What are some of your upcoming projects?

Becky- Well, we’re filming a pilot in the summer for Disney Channel. We’re keeping our fingers crossed that it goes well, because getting on Disney would be an amazing experience.

How long have you been acting?

Becky- We used to do acting in school plays. We have three sisters and we liked to skits together. But our mum didn’t want us to go into acting; she told us it was a hard, competitive business to get into.


How do you balance school and work?

Milly- We’re in a home schooling program so it’s quite flexible for us. We go to school before we work. Then we see our friends, who go to normal school, on the weekends and catch up.

What are your favorite subjects in school?

Becky- My favorite is Spanish. It’s such a cool language and fun to learn.

Milly- I love English because it’s easier than math and science.

What’s it like being a twin? Do you ever feel like you want to be seen separately?

Becky- I love being a twin. You have a best friend all the time and it’s nice when you are new in school, because you have someone to sit with at lunch. We get along well, because we have almost the same personality.

Were there any funny/embarrassing moments on the set of Legally Blondes?

Becky- Well, we have to wake up really early. One day I got up and didn’t want to wake up Milly, so I kept the lights off. I grabbed what I thought were flip flops and when I arrived at the set, everyone was looking at me strangely. I looked down and saw I was wearing one yellow slipper and one black slipper. They thought it was some new fashion trend with teens. It was so embarrassing!

Milly- I was walking out of my trailer when I tripped on the stairs and landed on the hair lady. It was in front of lots of people-I felt so bad!

What are your other interests outside of acting?

Milly- Well, we’re both very sporty. We like tennis, swimming and acing. We love going to the cinema with friends, going to the beach of course and shopping.

I saw on your MySpace that you’re branching out into music. Will it be the main focus of your career or just side?

Becky- We love acting and singing and we’d like to do both. Right now we’re just recording demos. We actually sang a song for Legally Blondes. It’s right at the end of the movie. We had a great time recording it.

Who are actors you look up to? Who are some teen actors you admire?

Milly- Reese Witherspoon is so nice and funny. We also like Kate Winslet. Johnny Depp is great because he can do serious roles and funny ones like Captain Jack Sparrow. Zac Efron is also great.

What advice do you have for teens wanting to go into the business?

Becky- Don’t get discouraged or expect too much of yourself. Don’t compare your success with other people’s because everyone’s different.

Milly- Be very prepared and professional at your auditions. And have fun!

Where do you hope to be in 5 years?

Becky- I hope to be happy in whatever I’m doing. I’d like to be a respected actress and singer in Hollywood.

Milly- I want us to be established actresses, surrounded by good friends and family.

Is there anything else you’d like to tell your fans?

Becky- I hope you all enjoy the movie and that it don’t disappoint fans of the Legally Blonde movies.

Milly- We’re so thankful for everyone. You’ve made us feel welcome, everyone is so nice.