Dear Veteran | Teen Ink

Dear Veteran

January 3, 2018
By brookeg37 GOLD, Sussex, Wisconsin
brookeg37 GOLD, Sussex, Wisconsin
15 articles 0 photos 0 comments

There are hundreds of things that I could thank you for, but first I would like to thank you for sacrificing your time with your family and loved ones and missing significant milestones that many of us take for granted. Also, I want to thank you for being a conscious to our nation. You, and every soldier that fought, are the true meaning of patriotism. You truly served as a heroic example and who we dream to be. America would not be how it is if it were not for you and your brave soul.


My name is Brooke and I am a junior in high school. When I was twelve-years-old, my cousin enrolled into the Army straight out of high school. He travelled to places such as Jordan and South Korea. Although he was never involved directly in a war, it was an eye-opening experience for my family and me. We realized how much we took for granted and how hard you, my cousin, and every other soldier worked to keep America beautiful.
My family and I realized we needed to live life to its fullest. There were some holidays that were hard because it had been months since we last talked to my cousin, but we knew he was out there fighting for us, and for our country. Now he is in college, learning how to fly planes, hoping to enroll into the Air Force eventually.


You, him, and every soldier is a warrior and an inspiration to millions of citizens across the country, even throughout the world. Thank you for the endless amount of sacrifices you made for us. You are sincerely loved.
American citizens are in an endless amount of debt for the sacrifices you made at such a young age. You kept us free and even though you do not know each and every one of us personally, you still had an unconditional love for us. I cannot thank you enough for keeping us safe.


Thank you,
Brooke G