Veterans Day Speech

Welcome to today’s ceremony and thank you for attending. I’m honored to be speaking with you today on such an important occasion. We’re here today to honor our service members and to remember their sacrifices they have made and the courage it take to defend honor, duty, country.

The writer Michel de Montaigne once said, “Valor is stability, not of legs and arms, but of courage and the soul.”

We’re here today to honor our heroes, to remember their achievements, their courage and their dedication, and to say thank you for their sacrifices. Thinking of the heroes who join us in this group today and those who are here only in spirit, a person can’t help but feel awed by the enormity of what we encounter. We stand in the midst of patriots and the family and friends of those who have nobly served.
I’d like to ask the service members and veterans who are here to stand.
Thank you for answering the call to duty. You have made our armed forces the most respected in the world.