Compass | Teen Ink

Compass

By lilyalley BRONZE, Metairie, Louisiana
lilyalley BRONZE, Metairie, Louisiana

Everyone knows that a compass has four directions: North, South, East and West. Everyone also knows that a compass can point you in the right direction when one is lost. However, not everyone knows that the four directions on a compass san be associated with four things in their life. For me, my four “directions” are God, my mom, my career, and my youth pastor. God is my North, because whenever you find which direction is “north” you know where you are and which way to go. My mom is my “south” because I always go to her when I need advice. She helps point me in the right direction when I am lost. Sometimes her directions might be opposite, or “south”, of my thoughts, but they always end up pointing me in the right direction. My career is my “east” because it motivates me to keep finding a way to continue on. If I gave up now, I would not be able to pursue my dream career in film. My youth pastor is my “west” because he is the person I trust the most. I know I can go to him no matter what and he will give me good, honest advice. God, my mom, my career, and my youth pastor are my directions because they all provide advice, point me in the right direction, and motivate me to continue.