My Role Model | Teen Ink

My Role Model

By TyairaG BRONZE, Detroit, Michigan
TyairaG BRONZE, Detroit, Michigan

My role model is none other than my mom. I'm not just saying that she is my role model as a cliche because my reasoning is much deeper. My mom took my under her wing when i was about 3 months old. If it wasn't for my mom wouldn't be the person I am today and I definitely wouldn't even be here. I was born into a pretty tough situation, one that was completely out of my control that haunted me for a long time. My mom couldn't have kids but always wanted a nice size family so she has always called me her blessing but I beg to differ every day. My mom is definitely my blessing because she adopted me when I had no one. Not only did she change my life she also continued to change other not so lucky kids and take them under her wing too. My mom also helped me when i was in my darkest moments when the thought of my situation would haunt me. She was ashoulder to cry on, the hug when I needed one, and the one that helped me sleep at night. She was there every step of the way until I overcame my trials and she also instilled it in me to always give a helping hand when needed. That is why my mom is my role model.