Historical Figure | Teen Ink

Historical Figure

By alyssalew23 PLATINUM, Hartland, Wisconsin
alyssalew23 PLATINUM, Hartland, Wisconsin

When I was in sixth grade, I learned how to solve equations, recite the Spanish alphabet, and how to conduct electricity with a battery and lightbulb. Beyond all that I learned, presidents were my favorite topic. This was the year I learned about one of the greatest presidents of all time: Theodore Roosevelt.

After president William McKinley was assassinated, Teddy Roosevelt took over his spot and became the 26th president of the United States. Roosevelt was known for his greatness and heroism.

During one of his campaign speeches, Roosevelt was shot in the chest. The flask in his jacket stopped the bullet from penetrating into his heart. He denied immediate medical attention and finished all of his 90 minute speech. This shows the determination and perseverance of a true leader. Also, he was perhaps one of the coolest presidents. He owned many pets: guinea pigs, horses, dogs, birds, rabbits, snakes, even a pet badger.

Theodore Roosevelt was the greatest, most heroic, and most adventurous president’s known today. If he were still alive, I would love to meet him because through his actions, he shows the true meaning of leaderism, determination, and happiness. Those qualities are what I aspire to be.