Letter to Veteran | Teen Ink

Letter to Veteran

December 1, 2016
By alipp0204 GOLD, Nashotah, Wisconsin
alipp0204 GOLD, Nashotah, Wisconsin
18 articles 0 photos 0 comments

My name is Abbey L and I am a high school student. I am writing to you not only to express my appreciation for all that you have done for our country, but to say thank you for your inspiration. In one year, I plan to attend the United States Naval Academy. People consistently ask me how I got the idea to join the Navy and the only thing that comes to mind is to give respect to the men and women that have served before me. The patriotism and dedication you have shown me is truly an inspiration. Getting a good education, participating in sports, and spending my time with my family are my most important values. I am so appreciative that you made all of these values possibilities. We are the land of the free because of the brave. There are so many things that you have done for the country and I am forever grateful. Thanks to you, I was guaranteed freedom when I entered this world. You put your life on the line. You sacrificed your freedoms. You took time away from your family for the better of our country. You put everyone else before yourself. You are my role model and hero.