Youtuber, Connor Franta | Teen Ink

Youtuber, Connor Franta

By padrevic BRONZE, Wilmington, Delaware
padrevic BRONZE, Wilmington, Delaware

Everyone has someone they love, their idol, their hero, someone that inspires them. One of my inspirations/hero is Connor Franta (a youtuber). He is known for his amazing instagram feed, being a really helpful person to others, inspiring others to do things that are out of their comfort zone, etc. He started out as a small youtuber and as time passed by he started becoming bigger and bigger and has accomplished most the things that’s he’s wanted to do.

Connor Franta is a vlogger on youtube who has over 5.6 million subscribers. He has dedicated his birthday to raise money for charities. This year je decided to have his brand “Common Culture” team up with “GLSEN” to raise money to stop bullying in school mainly on LGBTQ + youth. He likes to do things like this to help out those who are struggling and need help, and that’s something his fans love that he does.

There are many people in the youtube community that have made coming out videos. Sure they are inspirational but there was one video that stuck out the most and that was Connor’s video. Many people are afraid of being their selves and coming out. But videos like his and many others can inspire them to come out and be their selves. His video helped me be more accepting about myself and coming out to my friends.

One of the main things he’s known for is his photography. One of the things I started liking cause of him. I really didn’t have any hobbies at the time but looking at his pictures just made me get into taking pictures too.

Connor Franta is certainly a hero, my hero. He’s been such an inspiration and helps people be who they are, step out of their comfort zone, and many other things. His love for photography and helping others has surely gotten somewhat stuck to me to the same at some point in life. It makes me happy to know who he is because he’s such an amazing human being.