My Mini Me | Teen Ink

My Mini Me

May 14, 2015
By Anonymous

My Saturday mornings in the summer are spent sitting in a lawn chair, dozing off every few minutes, only to be woken up minutes later by a piercing whistle. Every hour I get up to walk down the hill to watch my sister swim then return to my chair. The sun beats down, and I regret my decision to come to the meet. However, when she gets out of the water, I know I’ve made the right choice. She wears a huge smile which makes me know it was worth the early morning wake-up.
We’ve been friends since day one. Being the only sister I have and she has, we’ve grown close. Everyday, we teach each other new things. We’re each other’s role models. Together, we’ve ‘survived the boys’, our two brothers. Everyone says we look alike. We’ve got matching brown eyes and brown hair. I call her, my mini me.
I often wonder what goes through her head; If I’ve done a good job preparing her for the future and what I mean to her. It’s my job to protect her and be her best friend. Everyday, I see myself in her. I know one day, we’ll grow up and move far apart. But for now, everyday is a new adventure.
My sister has a huge heart. She cares about everyone. We’ve had ups and downs, but we’ve made memories that will last forever. One day, we’ll move apart, our memories becoming only a distant idea. But for now, she may only be 10, but she will always be my best friend, my #1, my mini me.