Nicholas Kristof | Teen Ink

Nicholas Kristof

April 17, 2015
By CaseyChickenWang SILVER, McDonough,
CaseyChickenWang SILVER, McDonough,
7 articles 2 photos 89 comments

Favorite Quote:
"No one likes half-jinglers! Jingle all the way!" - Shelley McNeight
"You don't get what you deserve, you get what you negotiate." - GSUMUN


Once a Harvard undergraduate who attended Oxford as a graduate on a Rhodes Scholarship, he is now a New York Times columnist who has been to over 150 countries. He also won many awards including the Pulitzer Prize. Twice. But what intrigues me the most about this outstanding figure is not the length of his resume but the lengths he goes to in his journalistic career. His name is Nicholas Kristof, and he is my favorite columnist. His reporting of neglected conflicts such as domestic abuse, human trafficking, and other social injustices inspires me. His travels to impoverished nations to exhume their dire conditions move me. His insightful language and views enlighten me. But most of all, his refusal to ignore neglected global issues makes him a hero- a global citizen who truly makes a difference in the world. His works have encouraged me to leave the world a better place than I found it. As a big fan of his work, I would ask him about his views on a gamut of issues. I would ask him to recount his journalism experiences. I would ask him to comment on his articles. I have so many questions I want to ask him regarding his article "To Kill a Chicken." And wouldn't it be lovely if he and his wife could sign my copy of their inspirational A Path Appears? But most of all, I'd just like to meet an inspirational individual who used his talents to make the world a better place - someone who took risks, who traveled the world, and who came back to recount world issues to eager readers back home. If I could interview anyone in the world, I would unhesitatingly choose Nicholas Kristof - the guy who changed my worldview and inspired me to pursue Journalism.