Change | Teen Ink

Change

March 16, 2015
By liveYOURlifeandloveit BRONZE, Spring City, Pennsylvania
liveYOURlifeandloveit BRONZE, Spring City, Pennsylvania
3 articles 0 photos 7 comments

Favorite Quote:
"You may have won the war, but you will never take my crown." -Ronnie Radke


 We all have our own personal heroes. Some are famous, some, not so much. My heroes are famous, but not as famous as you might think. They are the members of Black Veil Brides. But, they aren’t my heroes because they’re famous, it’s because of the things they say. For example, Andy Biersack, (a.k.a. Andy Sixx), talks about the subject of self-harm, more so cutting. It amazes me how he isn’t ashamed to talk about that like other “famous” people, (more so in the music buisness). I think that really takes guts to stand out like that.


Now, I know that there are others that aren’t afraid to talk about that stuff, like Kellin Quinn, Vic Fuentes, (who actually had an experience with self-harm), Ashley Purdy, and many others.


The thing is, they’re all in rock bands. Not many people from the pop side of things, (with the exception of Demi Lovato), are willing to talk about that kind of thing, or even mention that stuff. They might talk about being insecure and things, but never about the unhealthy coping strategies people use, such as cutting.


I want to change that.