My Hero | Teen Ink

My Hero

By KevinDurant BRONZE, Boise, Idaho
KevinDurant BRONZE, Boise, Idaho

"A day without laughter, is a day wasted."

When people think of their hero they probably think of famous people or superstars, but I think of my neighbor Todd. He is talented, helpful, and has inspired me to be the best I can be.

I don't think there has been someone more helpful than Todd in my basketball life. He showed me how to dribble a ball correctly and he also showed me how to shoot the ball with good form.  We do a lot of shoot around drills.  I have gotten so much better because of him. He is one of the main reasons that I have been successful in basketball and that I am now an AAU All-Star.

Todd is also super talented. He was a NCAA Division One basketball coach at Montana! He even coached one of the Harlem Globetrotters! When Todd and I watch basketball he shows me how the players get their teammates open and how to create shots for themselves. When it comes to basketball, Todd knows when to do it and how to do it.

Finally, Todd has inspired me to always do my best. This year when basketball tryouts were announced, I was very nervous about getting on the "A" team.  I knew I just needed to try my best like Todd had always taught me.  It turned out that I was one of only two seventh graders that made the "A" team.  My hard work and time with Todd had payed off.

All in all, Todd is one of my favorite people in my life. He is so helpful, talented, and an inspiration to who I want to become.