Why Grandmas Are the Greatest Heroes | Teen Ink

Why Grandmas Are the Greatest Heroes

By chowmungzel BRONZE, Olathe, Kansas
chowmungzel BRONZE, Olathe, Kansas

f

Have you ever heard people talking about how Grandmas are the best? Well I dont and I really would like to hear it more because granmas are the best. My granda has spoken the truth to me , sees to my needs and wants, and takes care of my fragile grandpa. This is why I think my grandma is an unsung hero.

First, my grandma is a wonderful truth speaker. She always knows what to say to me. Whenever I need advice I go to er because she seems to know the worlds secrets. I believe she knows all of this because, well she is a grandma! She is also the sweetest person I have ever met. I have never once seen her angry and I dont think she has ever yelled at her daughters! We also go to eat every Monday during the summers and have time to talk to each other. I feel like I could talk to her about anything.

Grandmas always seemed very wealthy, but it seems my grandma has an infinite amount of mula. When I was younger, I felt she spent millions on me when, in reality, it was only on legos. That doesnt change the fact that she has still spent her own precious money on me. In my opionion, my grandma is the queen of spoiling her grandsons and grandaughters. I am not saying this is a bad thing! I will never forget the joy I had when going to Toys R Us with my grandma. She has taight me to give freely without expecting anything in return.

Lastly my grandma has always been there for my grandpa. Ov er the years his health has been declining becuase of Parkinson's disease. The hope of him getting stronger has never left her eyes. She has the confidence to make him always feel like he's young and in college. I know sometimes she might get a little tired, but I do know she will never quit comforting him. I can see the inspiration in her eyes and the motivation she has when helping him.

I know my grandma might go unsung at times, but I will show her she is appreciated. In th end it's not my gradma I see, but pure love for everything around her. Also, I know my grandma has supernatural powers because there is no way a human being can be that kind. Jesus said, "My grace is all you need. My powers work best in weakness" (2 Corinthians 12:9). I know for a fact that my grandma is a gift from God.

Read it and find out

RickGrimes said...
This is a fantastic article - well written!!!