My Papa | Teen Ink

My Papa

By Buck70 BRONZE, Grove, Oklahoma
Buck70 BRONZE, Grove, Oklahoma

The person that I am thankful for is my Papa! Some people would say their mom because they are with there mothers most of the time. I am not always with my Papa but I still know how much he loves me. My Papa’s name is Charles Chester but everyone calls him Buck.

My Papa is 5 foot 11 inches tall and is 76 years old. He has gray hair that glistens like the moon light shinning on the lake. One thing people might dislike about my Papa is he chews tobacco. To me it’s not a big deal. Besides it would be hard to get him to stop after 30 years of chewing. Someone can not just stop doing something and not have a side affect, like if you stop working out, the odds are that you are going to gain weight.

There is a story that he tells when he went skiing on the lake. They took the boat out and he was all ready to ski. My Papa decided to start out on the dock. When he started off he was sitting down and his swimming trunks got hooked on a nail that was on the dock. When they took off his shorts ripped off of him because they were hooked to the nail.

When I think of my Papa I always think of cattle because he is a farmer and a rancher. He runs around 400 cows and calves. When we work cattle every year it is a big thing because we have to have a bunch of people over to help us. He works really hard, and is good at it. He knows all to tools to the trade since he has been at it so long
The food that he goes crazy over just like a squirrel goes crazy over nuts would be white fudge, peanut brittle, biscuits and gravy, and coconut cream pie. The feelings that I get when I see my Papa’s eyes are comforting. When I see them they just want to cuddle you up. When his wife and his oldest daughter died he cried and that is the only time I have ever seen him cry. The person that loves me and cares for me the most would be my Papa and that is why he is the person that I am thankful for.