my hero | Teen Ink

my hero

By vic mancuso BRONZE, Plymouth, Michigan
vic mancuso BRONZE, Plymouth, Michigan

My hero is my Grandpa Gus. My grandpa is over 60 years old and he has worked ever since he was 24 years old.  As a school teacher he has fulfilled the roles of Math, Science, and school principal. I don’t think a lot of people like to work, but for him it’s like his entertainment and he learns something every day. It’s kind of hard to believe, but I guess it gives him some think to do.  He has also worked part time for various car componies. My family calls my grandpa to help them work on cars, because he is very good with cars and building things. I like to build and learn about cars to. We have built many things and I have helped him with a lot of the problems in my house, because my Dad is not a great builder. Last year he bought two motorcycles to see if he could fix them because they were in very bad condition and did not start. He had help from some of his friends, but he managed to take them apart including the motor and put them back to gather again. Him and his friends painted these motorcycles and put tons of time into them. I hope someday I will be able to ride them and build with my grandpa motorcycles. He has built and fixed many things including a go-cart, shed, and so many things that I have lost track. He is a very intelligent man and will always have the desire to work and fix things. That’s my HERO!