My Hero... | Teen Ink

My Hero...

By AniyahT SILVER, Wilmington, Delaware
AniyahT SILVER, Wilmington, Delaware

“Those who give too much attention to trifling things become generally incapable of great things.” A quote I was always told and always remember. Every time I find myself worrying about the wrong thing or someone who isn’t important in my life I repeat that quote.
I am inspired by someone who is very brave. She never gives up and she always keeps pushing no matter what obstacles get in her way. She fights for what she believes in. And she stands up for herself. She always told me to be confident in myself. And never give up on what I believe in.
I am inspired by someone who is very confident. Confidence isn’t all just about your appearance. It is way deeper than that. To be confident you have to be Self-assured. You have to actually believe in yourself and what you stand for. If you don’t love yourself then nobody will.
I am inspired by someone who is loving and caring. She loves me for who I am. If I was to ever need a support system I would turn to her. She is my other half. I don’t know where I would be in life without her. Even though at times we can disagree with each other at the end of the day she is the person who made me.
A Hero Isn’t just someone who saves the world. A hero is some who can teach you things. A hero is someone who will always be there for you no matter how hard things get. My mom is my biggest hero.