Proud to Be an American | Teen Ink

Proud to Be an American

By Mr.Zesty SILVER, Hartland, Wisconsin
Mr.Zesty SILVER, Hartland, Wisconsin

"Some feel the rain. Others get wet." -Bob Marley

Whether it be storming the fields of Vietnam, or crossing an icy Delaware river for independance, our troops have sacrificed so much for us to be free. It’s ironic to think the hate groups who have the freedom to talk bad about these brave men and women, were given that right by the very people they are talking bad about. I have many people in my family who have served and put everything they have into this country just to keep future generations free. As a country, we have seen many fall in all wars.

No matter what we do, a soldier in some way, shape, or form given up some of himself for it. Whether it be going to school, talking to a friend, or going on a vacation, a soldier has fought for that right. I am proud to be an American, because the fact  a stranger would risk or even give his life for people he won’t even meet.

It is humbling to know that people care so much for others just due to having a common nationality. I am proud that people sacrifice their youth to have a free country in the future. Freedom is not free!

hope222 said...
on Nov. 15 2014 at 7:47 am
Excellent essay from a young mind!!! Very insightful and inspiring...keep up the great work and your patriotism!!!