Work Hard Play Hard | Teen Ink

Work Hard Play Hard

April 7, 2014
By Anonymous

What does hard work, and focus get you? Success.

“Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing,” says my dad, Tim.

My Dad has influenced me in multiple ways. He shows me how to work hard and then you can enjoy yourself. He always does his best at everything he does and tries his hardest. When you work hard you see results, and changes for the better. My father began working at a young age. When he was about 12 he started picking cucumbers, and began working in the cucumber mill later. At around age 16, he began working for my great uncle’s law firm. This is where he began to get his will to work hard. Because of his hard work and focused attitude, he can support his family, but still manage to have fun with them.

“My main priority is providing for my family, and making sure they have everything they need,” he stated.

My father also shows me to care for my family and others; he is very family oriented. While he was growing up, he was with his family majority of the time. They owned a couple of family businesses right next to their house, so a lot of their time was spent together helping out at the stores and the house. Now, my father has also taken on the role of caring for his father along with our family. He stepped up to this role because his family members are not nearby or as willing to.

“My goal is to live a happy, healthy and fulfilling life," says Tim.

Amy, my mom, says that my father’s biggest accomplishment is, “Being a successful family man.”

I am happy to have a dad like mine. I believe he has accomplished many things in life. He is generous, caring, focused, appreciative, volunteering, kind, loving and so much more. He has impacted many people’s lives positively, and helped them become a better person. Most of all, he taught me that working hard is rewarding in the end.


The author's comments:
This is written about my dad and some of his influences on me.