The Hard Times | Teen Ink

The Hard Times

Warning, the following story is a true story that may not be appropriate for some audiences and has religious beliefs. Viewer discretion is advised.

I was at school, going to gym and when I got there the bullies were waiting they called me names; they hit me, and shoved me around and threw my books to the floor. The worst was one of them broke my hand. When he broke my hand it wasn’t on purpose per say, but he didn’t say sorry, he actually said “I’m proud of what I did”. The worst name they called me was chubby buttons. When kids find a name that sounds right, it sticks! Day after day, week after week, they called me that name. I had thought about suicide( for the record, I don’t think this way anymore ) and hurting myself or hurting them. They said “you don’t belong here”, “why don’t you just leave”, and they said I was worthless, and I would never amount to anything. The worst part was, I actually started to believe them. About three weeks after chubby buttons came to be, I was in the weight room in gym class, and Daniel came in and told me something that would turn my life around, he taught me to ignore the rude comments and forgive them for what they are doing. The way to do that is to turn to the lord and ask him for peace of mind and that the bullies would find their way to him. At first I thought he could be wrong, but I know that as a Christian we’re prosecuted because we’re different, but I think Daniel is right. Daniel is a genuine hero, a good friend, and a nice person in general. Daniel possibly saved my life and he deserves so much thanks.

(In song)

A hero a hero with a warrior’s heart

Thank you Daniel, for all
A hero comes to save us
that you’ve done.
The hero born comes
Mighty with words as he is with con
A hero a hero the hero born comes
The conqueror of bullies
And slayer of evil, our hero our hero the hero born comes

My friend has helped me through this troublsom time.his name is daniel.

on Apr. 15 2014 at 2:11 pm
CaptainSparklez BRONZE, Palmer, Alaska
1 article 0 photos 1 comment

"He chose his side, and I chose mine, God will decide who won"

please comment my story. thx