Best Friend is an Understatement

My eyes were locked on the floor ahead of me. Eye contact was to be avoided. If they looked at my face, they'd be able to tell. They'd see all my troubles. They'd see my lies. Do not look up. Do not open up.

This was an everyday thing. The avoidance, the hiding. It was mechanical; it was a routine. That is, until I met Lauren. In all honesty, I can say that she brought me back to life. I was a corpse; dead and empty. Now things are different. Lauren's taught me that life has a lot to enjoy. She guided my hand to my heart, and told me that my heart was a sign. I was here for a purpose. She's given me the confidence to be original, and she's inspired me to reach out to others. Together, there's no telling what we'll come up with. Apart, we're texting each other silly memories. Each day I now wake up ready for the day. I'm refreshed... I'm happy. That's right. I am happy! To say she's my best friend would be an understatement. Her name is Lauren and she is my hero!

Pure_Serendipity said...
This is amazing, I'm glad that you feel this way, fart bomber!!! Haha thankss sooo much!!

Interminable_Dreamer This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
You're welcome!! I love you too Fart Bomber!!