Robert Gutierrez | Teen Ink

Robert Gutierrez MAG

My father is the most loving man I have ever known. There are so many things that I admire about him. He is so understanding when I need help solving my problems. I also admire my dad because after four of his kids died, he didn't give up - and here I am.

First, he is always there when I need him. Even though he works very hard, he makes time to help me with my school work. He is always there when I need him to help me do my exercises every night, as well. I admire him because he is also always there when I have to have surgery. He doesn't leave my side until they take me to the operating room. You see, I was born with Cerebral Palsy.

Furthermore, he is also very understanding when I need help with solving my problems. When I first started school, many kids made fun of me. My dad would tell me to ignore them - that I was a normal child like them. I had trouble believing that because I thought, Why aren't the other kids using a walker? My dad just kept telling me not to worry. He didn't want me to know - and I admire him for that.

At age 17, my mother became pregnant with their first child, who died at a month of a tumor. That made my mother very depressed and two years later, she had my brother Robert Jr., who passed away from breathing problems. Then two years later, they had Linda. They were so happy because she was born alive. Then sadly, she passed away the next day. My mother didn't want to go through any more pregnancies, but my dad wanted to try again. The fourth time she had a miscarriage. Then, my dad said this time would be the last - and she became pregnant with me. I was born two and a half months early, so they were scared, but I breathed on my own. The only reason I'm here today is because of my dad's faith.

Yes, my father is always there for me when I need him. He always understands my problems and has never given up on our family. There is always love in Daddy's hands.

i love this so much!