Beyonce | Teen Ink

Beyonce

Since I was young, I have always liked to sing and dance around the house, so it is natural that I would try to find somebody already in the music business to imitate. The person that I latched onto was Beyonce Knowles formerly of Destiny’s Child. After hearing her first song “No, No, No” I was an immediate fan. I had my parents go out to buy her group’s cd and play it in the car. I was almost as obsessed with her as I was with Barney a few years earlier. She was prettiest and best singer and dancer to me at that age. As I got older, I started to look up to Beyonce in a different way than I did when I was younger. I realized how much of an activist she was for worldly issues. She was always on T.V. doing fundraisers to help little children, or build houses for Katrina victims. As much as the media portrays the opposite, Beyonce to me is one of the most down to earth celebrities. She does what she can whenever she is able to.

I admire Beyonce also because she never lets the rumors get to her. She holds her head up high. This is a positive attribute because it is hard to not fight back when someone is spreading vicious rumors about you. Beyonce is also a Christian, which I think, is very positive because everyone needs the Lord in their lives. He is the driving force behind every action and decision that we make. She is a positive role model for young and older girls. She is not out smoking or having wild parties. She is constantly trying to better herself. I have watched her grow from an insecure teenage singer to a confident singer, actress, and spokeswoman.

Beyonce has really inspired me to be the person that I am today. Her music has a positive message that really speaks volumes. I am glad that I was exposed to Beyonce because she has truly gotten me through hard times.