My Hero M.I.A | Teen Ink

My Hero M.I.A

By that_one_song SILVER, Helena, Montana
that_one_song SILVER, Helena, Montana

M.I.A- "I don't judge my success by how high my tower is, but by how much I am able to be a part of people's lives."

"You tried to sink your soul, oh, but didn´t realize, you keep it in a different hole."
The Kooks, Sofa Song

In a recent interview with m.i.a., or Maya Arulpragasam, she said, "I don't judge my success by how high my tower is, but by how much I am able to be a part of people's lives.". This is but one of the things that makes m.i.a. stand out among everyone to me. Her music, though sometimes masked by pounding beats or screeching tones, tell of the problems of society and the world. m.i.a. attended the prestigious Central Saint Martins in London to pursue a degree in film. When asked why she decided upon this degree she replied, "I'm a messenger, that's my thing...". Maya's pursuit to show the world it's own problems is the thing that makes her a part of my life, not a part of her tower.

Maya's pursuit to show the world it's own problems is the thing that makes her a part of my life, not a part of her tower