A Diamond Is Forever | Teen Ink

A Diamond Is Forever

By _TruStr_ PLATINUM, Muskegon, Michigan
_TruStr_ PLATINUM, Muskegon, Michigan

It's better to keep your mouth shut and give the impression that you're stupid than to open it and remove all doubt- Mark twain

-Your Right Hand Rules The World: Women of The World Raise Your Right Hand!-

This woman was wrote and essayed about million's of times but I just have to add on one more. Rosa Parks. She was the woman who refused to give up her seat, the strong black woman who started the Bus Boycott. I have to say that I look up to her, for she was courageous, intelligent, and as so many people know, stubborn, staying in that seat!
That was the day when Rosa a seamstress in Montgomery, Alabama refused to give up her bus seat to a white passenger, thus she was arrested and fined for violating a city ordinance, but her lonely act of defiance began a movement that ended legal segregation in America, Making her an inspiration to freedom-loving people everywhere. I count myself for one of those people.
Rosa said in an interview, "Back then we didn't have any civil rights. It was just a matter of survival, of existing from one day to the next." Rosa Parks knew what she did was wrong in the eyes of that passenger, that cop, and the rest of those people on the bus but through her dark brown eyes she seen something much different.
Parks, started a new part of history. Picture how would the world be if she simply got up and let that passenger take her seat. Would Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. be so legendary? If she had got up would that boycott ever been successful (note that Martin and his supporters were planning a boycott)? Rosa got that boycott up and running causing hope to spark and will power to rise, helping Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. a big leap in his own success. Think about if Rosa had not refused... Would I be typing about her today?
She is inspirational to people all over the world, she gives hope and courage to everyone. What she did on that bus, it was a cataclysmic moment that made history.
Notice, things have changed and time started anew, with things all the right thanks to Rosa Parks.

Hope sparks with day light so near,
And yet so far away
Hearts quicken to the beat and blinded furious moments
She took a stand, and stood up for her rights
Yet sitting, stubbornly the whole time
Yes she started something fresh
Yes she started something new
Rosa Parks began a click in the clock for she held her head up
And courageously stood tall
She is a woman of the world and an ever-lasting jewel precious to us all.