Super Mom | Teen Ink

Super Mom

July 31, 2009
By dylonmichael GOLD, El Dorado, Kansas
dylonmichael GOLD, El Dorado, Kansas
10 articles 3 photos 118 comments

Favorite Quote:
i have two one is "live life as if it were your last day on earth" and two is "never make some one your everything because when they leave you you have nothing"


How many people do you know that would write about there mom? Not very many but when your mom is as cool as mine, it’s hard not to write about her. Moms are the back bone of all kids today. If you have a good one you turn out to be good, but if your mom is the kind that doesn’t really care (a bad one) then you won’t turn out good. Her name you are asking, it is Michelle.

She is the by far one of the best people you will ever meet. She knows how to make you smile when you frown, and she knows how to listen when you have a problem. She can act like she’s 2 when it’s needed but she can also act like the adult she is. She is not only my mom but my best friend.

She is so great that she has taught me how to be a bargain shopper. I can’t go into the store with out looking for the best deals around. This can be both a good thing and a bad. It can be good because I can save money like none other. Also sometimes the best deals are the healthiest for you. She has made it to where I can spend more than $20 dollars one jeans, shoes, or shirts.

I know she means well but sometimes she gets on my last nerve. She has sheltered me my whole life and again that could be good or bad. Good because I don’t do drugs and I don’t drink and I don’t have a kid. It’s bad because I have missed out on a lot of things that are fun. Like concerts or friend’s birthday parties. She gets worried about me going to them all the time. She thinks I will drink or do drugs and if I do them she is worried I will try and drive. I guess she doesn’t trust my common sense but you can’t trust any body’s common sense when they’re impaired by drugs or alcohol. The concerts she’s just scared of the mosh pits. She keeps telling me you can get killed if you get stuck in one. Most of the time all I hear is blah blah blah blah but sometimes I catch what she’s trying to get across.
She is the kind of women who would give us $20 just to hang out with her. She hates it when we don’t want to. She always wants to be doing something with her kids, whether it is watching the movies, playing a game, or even taking us to the mall (when she has money). This takes me back to talking about the money issue. I have grown up in a house hold that only makes enough money to make ends meet. This is a good thing because I don’t need the best of everything and I really don’t want the best of everything. I can wear Wal-Mart jeans, shoes, clothes in general. I even call the local Good Will the mall, and I love shopping there. That is one of my favorite places to shop; they have some really nice clothes. Some of them don’t fit me but it’s still fun to look.

She is by far one of the best people around. She is my super hero and I love her a lot, no matter how annoying she gets. She is a great teacher and a great mom. I would never ask for another mom (well when she is not yelling at me).


The author's comments:
well my name is robbie and i will be a senior in high school. i'm 5 ft 8 in black hair brown eyes