Honor Flight | Teen Ink

Honor Flight

May 3, 2019
By Mustang15 BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin
Mustang15 BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin
3 articles 1 photo 0 comments

It is a blessing to live in a country where anyone can pursue anything and it is a opportunity that the rest of the world does not have the way that we do. However, this comes at a cost, many people have had to give up their time and freedom to fight for others, and that should never be forgotten or overlooked.


In class we watched the Honor Flight Movie and I was inspired to write a letter for mail call. I personally do not have any links to the military but I believe the war you and everyone else fought was very important so to remember and to teach I build model aircraft. My uncle and I build these model aircraft in hope that we can teach someone about what it was like for all of you fighting in the war. I am also involved with EAA’s warbirds and a few different groups through EAA. I do these things to remember the people who fought for my family and my future. I hope that doing these things will help your legacy live on so that every generation will remember to be thankful for what we have and why we have it. Writing this letter another way of thanking you for your service. I hope that you are having an amazing day and honor flight, I hope that today you get the welcome home you missed years ago.


As someone who does their best to remember you and your fellow veterans,it is truly an honor to be writing to you. To me you are a hero, you have done more than enough to have earned that title of hero. Because of you I can pursue whatever I want after high school and I can not thank you enough, you have provided me with more opportunity than I can ever give you thanks for.