Who Is My Hero? | Teen Ink

Who Is My Hero?

By cattlelife13 BRONZE, Hamilton, Michigan
cattlelife13 BRONZE, Hamilton, Michigan

Don't pray for an easy life, pray for the strength to endure a difficult one - Bruce Lee

My heroes in my life are my Mom and Dad. My dad has always done everything that he can for all of my family and has allowed us to do many things including showing animals at our county fair and be a member of the FFA. My family and I love to show our animals on the show circuit every year before we go to our fair at the end of the year and my Dad is kind of like our chauffeur and he drives us all over Michigan and Ohio almost every weekend. My Dad also takes us to our competitions when we get the opportunity to go to the state convention that is in Michigan at MSU.

We also get to have the ability to go to NAILE this year in Louisville, Kentucky. NAILE stands for North American International Livestock Expo and is one of the biggest cattle shows in the world. Dad is going to stay home and do our chores while my mom, my sister, and I will go to the show with my friend Londyn and her mom. My sister and I also have some other friends going to the show so we will get to see them there too. My Dad is always there for me and my family when we need him for any reason and he works really hard so we can continue to do all of the fun things that we currently do. Even though he is probably the best dad in the world he is not the only hero in my life.

Another major hero in my life is my Mom. My Mom has done a lot for me including helping me to pay for my vet camp. She also helps me with my show cattle and she allows me to go to all of the shows that I want to with both of my steers including the national shows that are super expensive but a lot of fun. She is always there for me when I need her and she always makes breakfast for me on my birthday. She is the best mom in the world. These are my heroes and I wouldn’t be here and as successful without the both of them!