Dan Wilkins | Teen Ink

Dan Wilkins MAG

By EddieV63 BRONZE, Poway, California
EddieV63 BRONZE, Poway, California

Mr. Wilkins was the greatest teacher I have ever had in all of my years of education. He was my 6th grade math and science teacher. Every day I would go to class and he would be laughing and have a large smile on his face. He always made me feel welcome and I actually enjoyed being at school when I was in his class.

He was a magnificent person who contributed to causes to educate children in third world countries, such as Nepal. He gave much of what he had to serve the community and to better the lives of the less fortunate.

I remember many good times in his class. We performed interesting lab experiments and learned about interesting topics. I will always remember one time he spoke with my mom and he told her, “If all of the kids were like Eddie, I would work for free.” That phrase really stuck in my brain. He bettered my life and it seems that I was able to better his a little as well – and I am very happy to have had that chance. About a year later, Mr. Wilkins passed away. It was devastating. I got very emotional because I never had an opportunity to say good-bye to the greatest teacher I have ever met. I hope that he will rest in peace knowing that I really care about him and that I will remember him.