Educator of the Year Nominee: Tracey Allen | Teen Ink

Educator of the Year Nominee: Tracey Allen

By ariellamendes17 GOLD, South Salem, New York
ariellamendes17 GOLD, South Salem, New York

Pain is temporary. Quitting is forever.

Tracey Allen is a social studies teacher at Ketchum-Grande Memorial School at the Charlton School.  Miss Tracey, as she prefers to be called, is, as one of my fellow students put it, "...the teacher that made me love coming to class."  Miss Tracey is a feminist, but not just that.  She fights for all people's rights.  She is very involved in ralleys and marches all around the east coast.  Last year, at the first Women's March, she head down to DC and marched for her rights as a woman.  She is a strong independant woman.  She taught me to care about feminism and women's rights.  She is the most dedicated teacher I have ever met.  She frequently says, "When you love your job, you never have to work a day.  I have never worked a day in my life.'  Just yesterday, Miss Tracey had a small film crew come because she was nominated as a Channel 13 (NBC in the Capital region) Top Teacher.  But with that honor, she refused that it was just for her.  She said "I could not have done it without all the other top teachers in this school.  We are a family.  We work together and make each other better." Miss Tracey Allen deserves this honor of Educator of the Year because not only is she an amazing teacher, she is an amazing humanitarian and inspiration to all who are blessed to know her.  

I was inspired to write this piece because I hated social studies all throughout middle school and half of high school.  My teacher taught me to love learning again.  I know now that education is the key to making a change.  I hope people who see this will learn to appreciate the people in their lives that have made a difference. After all, where would any of us be without our teachers and the people who inspire us every day.