Mrs. McColl | Teen Ink

Mrs. McColl

By audreymoore BRONZE, Austin, Texas
audreymoore BRONZE, Austin, Texas

“Education is the key to success in life, and teachers make a lasting impact in the lives of their students” (Soloman Ortiz). The first day of this year, I was very excited to start one of my favorite subjects, US History. In Fifth and Eighth Grade, my most memorable classes were United States History. Mrs. McColl, my current history teacher, is very passionate about history. Everybody can see her excitement and love for history, and her enthusiasm to educate others about it. She uses many different ways of teaching which appeal to different types of learning. She shares how the history of the distant past will relate to our future as Americans, and how every decision we make will impact our lives. She relates American History to her life, our lives, and our parents’ lives. Mrs. McColl invests in each life of every student she encounters and shares her passion for American history. The work she assigns weekly has taught me not to procrastinate but to work in little increments throughout.  Each teacher impacts a student in different ways, and Mrs. McColl has greatly impacted my love for America, its history, and my work ethic.