Educator of the Year Mrs. Foxwell | Teen Ink

Educator of the Year Mrs. Foxwell

By HaydenZane BRONZE, Wilmington, Delaware
HaydenZane BRONZE, Wilmington, Delaware

I feel that Mrs. Foxwell at Brandywine Springs School was a great business teacher because she educated me the minute I stepped into her class during the first day of 6th grade. Mrs. Foxwell taught me well and got me ready for the business world. During 6th  and 7th grade she taught me how to be a great employee in a company, and in 8th grade she taught me the requirements to get a job and own a company. She also taught me how to get ready for a job interview so that in the future, I will be more prepared and less nervous.

Mrs. Foxwell always treated everyone with respect, and she was very kind. She expected all the kids in class to treat each other with that same respect. Mrs. Foxwell never really yelled at anyone. She treated all the kids in her classroom like they were her own children. Mrs. Foxwell was very helpful when it came to choosing projects or assignments, and she also gave you lots of suggestions to make the assignment better. Many times Mrs. Foxwell let us work together in groups so that we were able to help one another and get the work done faster.
Mrs. Foxwell was very helpful because she gave her point of view on what your assignment/project should look like in the business world. She was always there to help you when you raised your hand in class. Most importantly she helped you catch up if you missed a day of work or an assignment. Another reason why she was helpful was that she gave good advice to the groups during projects to make them look and sound better.

Mrs. Foxwell’s classroom was clean, neat and organized. Her classroom was bright and decorated with Christmas lights hanging from all over the ceiling. Mrs. Foxwell organized assignments each day so that you were prepared and knew what was going on that day. The assignments were neatly organized in the computer so you knew exactly what section and tab to use for the assignment.

Mrs. Foxwell reviewed each 6th grade binder and showed us how to organize it to be better prepared for the business world. She also taught us how to make resumes and cover letters and what requirements are needed to get a good job. One of our assignments in Mrs. Foxwell’s class was to make a company.  We then had to design products for the company, figure out salaries for employees and how to make the company successful. In 8th grade she taught us about different careers and what qualifications you need to do to get certain jobs.  Mrs. Foxwell made us do interviews so that we knew what types of questions employers may ask during a job interview. She tried her best to prepare us for the business world.

I believe that Mrs. Foxwell is the Educator of the Year because she is an excellent teacher; she taught me a lot of information about the business world. She treated me with total respect every day. Mrs. Foxwell also helped me to become better organized with my binders and files.  I learned a lot from Mrs. Foxwell and will always remember her as a great teacher and my nomination for Educator of the Year.