Educator of the Year | Teen Ink

Educator of the Year

By oliiviawatson BRONZE, Hockessin, Delaware
oliiviawatson BRONZE, Hockessin, Delaware

-"Is this the Krusty Krab?"
-"No this is Patrick."

Every teacher that I have had from kindergarten to 9th grade all want their students to succeed and do well in school. But, none of those classes teach you how to become a better person, be the fastest at typing on the keyboard, preparing you for what you have to do in the future, and get homework done before it’s due. The teacher that I nominate is Mrs. Foxwell for educator of the year who teaches all of the things listed above. She was my middle school Business Technology teacher at Brandywine Springs School for 3 years.

Mrs. Foxwell is a very determined person and runs her classroom just like a business. “In the business world” we will need to know all of the important things she teaches us. She wants us to do things right the first time because we may not get a second chance to redo it and we would be fired from our jobs. She creates her own lessons for the students and the superintendent from Red Clay School District came to events Mrs. Foxwell set-up. Those events were a business event where I spoke in front of parents, the superintendent, and fellow classmates; the other event was an interview and we make a resume and did research on the job we interviewed for and both events were very professional and organized.

Eva Foxwell is sympathetic and always helps out the class. When the time came for the business event in 7th grade, I had no interest in going up on stage and talking in front of more than 50 people. Of course she chose me to do the job and helped me get over my fear. When the time came I knew I would do well with the lunch sessions of practicing the script and hours at night studying, and I did a good job. Personally, Mrs. Foxwell has helped me prepare for the future by picking me for the Business Marketing event. Even though it was nerve-wracking,

I am glad I agreed to “Just Do It” as Ms. Foxwell says.

Mrs. Foxwell is a very successful person and has a lot of experience in the business world. She is the best at what she does and when she tells us something, it’s because she knows that it is important for us to know. All of the things she told us was for our own good and she has been through the same thing. One of the things Mrs. Foxwell told us is that we have to work hard to achieve our goals and it will be hard doing so.

In Mrs. Foxwell’s class I learned things that are much more important than knowing what x-12 over 32y is. Her class has prepared me for what the future will bring such as, interviewing and applying for a job. Mrs. Foxwell is one of my favorite teachers and she has impacted my life greatly. I wish that all students would have a teacher at great as Eva Foxwell, my Business Technology teacher at Brandywine Springs.

LenaFoxwell said...
on Mar. 2 2017 at 11:32 pm
LenaFoxwell, Wilmington, Delaware
Olivia this is Mrs. Foxwell and I was logged no to my daughters account so that is why it says Lena

LenaFoxwell said...
on Mar. 2 2017 at 11:31 pm
LenaFoxwell, Wilmington, Delaware
Olivia I am humbled by your essay and I feel fortunate to know you as my student. I wish you the best of luck in your future. Thanks so much for thinking of me.