My Teacher of the Year! | Teen Ink

My Teacher of the Year!

January 10, 2017
By I.Ramos BRONZE, Wilmington, Delaware
I.Ramos BRONZE, Wilmington, Delaware
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Generally, students think an educator is a person who doesn't care about your well-being and just wants you to work the whole time. This, however, is not the case with all the teachers. I strongly believe a vigorous teacher can have both a fun side and a work side. They are not only there to watch you outshine and succeed, but to help you on your journey beyond.

I have had an educator that fits this description. Her name was Ms. Labanda and she was an inspiration. For example, she inspired to me to want to have a career as a doctor. What made her so different was that you could have a heart to heart conversation with her like a best friend would. I remember I was having trouble focusing on my work because of issues I had with other people; she would always be there to talk.  Truthfully, she fits in a category of a close friend. While she didn’t necessarily teach a main class, she would always think of something to put our minds at work.

All throughout middle school though she was the best out of all my teachers I have ever had before. She makes the hard and boring work into an enjoyable and interesting time when she made us laugh and smile by telling a story about when she was our age. She was all about teaching us life lessons and being there for our well-being. Ms. Labanda not only taught me  academics but what was going to happen on my journey to adulthood. My mind is growing expeditiously, and I’m seeing life a whole lot differently all thanks to Ms. Labanda.

I used to believe I was amazing at science. Remembering all my hard effort on theories and devotion for my love of science, I recognize how extraordinary my science skills are. Ms Labanda had a magnificent effort to help me accomplish my scientific goals by working constant hours with me on my science work, and I am extremely thankful. I refined my skills as a scientist during my middle school years.

Ms. Labanda has become my symbol of hope through all of middle school. I’ve had other students tell me I want to be a symbol like Ms. Labanda is. I wrote this nomination about her because she should be recognized not only as an exceptional educator but, as an inspiration to all students. She helped me realize that hard work and effort pays off sufficiently. These lectures will always be a part of my life through and after my journey into adulthood. Thank you Ms. Labanda; you are my educator of the year.