Educator of the Year | Teen Ink

Educator of the Year

By Zakar BRONZE, Wilmington, Delaware
Zakar BRONZE, Wilmington, Delaware

Educator of the year, more like the educators of the years for me.  My teacher Mrs. O'Brien was my favorite teacher and is my favorite teacher ever.  I honestly don't know what it was that makes her my favorite teacher maybe it was the yelling she did at me.  Maybe it was the faces that she would make to mimic me.  I'll tell you my favorite things about her that make her different.

Well for starters Mrs. O'Brien has been teaching me for three years. In sixth grate she let us play ring around the rosey and taught us what it was about.  She planned for us to go to Ellis

Island.  She showed us a mobie about the civil rights movement.  She taught me a lot about social studies all three years now lets get into our next year.

Seventh grade, she was my vocab teacher and only for this year.  The way she taught us vocab was a special way because every other vocav teacher taught the same way.  She taught it differently she would let us play sparkle and would make it a game.  Also she let us have a debate for something in english that year (it was about school times if they start too early).  Now eighth grade year was the best.

In my final year she was my homeroom teacher and I had a blast.  She taught us three classes that year and every single class was the best.  We didn't just do things in the classroom either.  She took us to New York again and let us just roam around and have fun.  Then she took us to a play in the same day.

Mrs. O'Brien overall was a great teacher but also a great person.  She always gives me a big hug whenever I visit her and always asks how I'm doing.  She will spend hours with you trying to give you extra credit or just to help you understand something.  Also her personality is great she makes jokes but she can also be serious. 

Mrs.O'Brien is my favorite teacher and this is a fact.  She wasn't only a teacher she toook care of us like we were her children.  She still threats us the same even though we graduated.  She took us many places and taugt us a lot of things about English, Social Studies and Religion.  But the most important thing she taught us is how to be a family and care about eache other.

My Educator of the Years is Mrs. O'Brien.