Mrs. Eva Foxwell

My first grade teacher at Brandywine Springs broke her leg, so we were assigned a substitute for the next month.  I was nervous because I liked my teacher and I didn’t want to be stuck with mean teacher for a whole month.  Then, Mrs. Eva Foxwell walked in, and I had no idea who she was, but right away I could tell that she was the nicest person in the world.  Fast-forward 5 years and it was my first day of sixth grade.  I looked at my schedule and saw that I had Mrs. Foxwell and this made me happy.  Over the next three years, Mrs. Foxwell taught me many important things that I will never forget.

Of all of the teachers and coaches I have had in my life, Mrs. Foxwell has been my favorite leader.  In her class, she taught me how to be a successful leader in many ways.  One way was to take charge at school, in class, at work and in all situations.
Mrs. Foxwell also taught me that good leaders earn everyone’s respect.

Mrs. Foxwell is one of the most respected and respectful people I know.  She is always kind to everyone and she treats others the way that she wants to be treated.  She taught me respect in many different ways, but mainly how to be respectful in the business world.  She told me that I need to have a firm handshake and that I should ALWAYS look at people in the eye when I talk to them.  Mrs. Foxwell also taught me that you could earn someone’s respect by working hard to achieve your goals.

In addition to working at Brandywine Springs, Mrs. Foxwell owns an auto-repair company.  She used to be a manager at a bank but she gave that up to teach kids how to be successful.  Mrs. Foxwell told our class how she would cry because of the amount of work she had to do in very little time.  She taught our class that working all night at something you don’t love is very stressful, so you should try and do something you love.  In the end, she taught me that you have to keep you head high and pull through.

I don’t think I have ever worked as hard in any class as I did in her class.  We created our own 28-page business plan to share with her, our parents, other teachers and our classmates.  For my business, I completed market analysis and created a shoe store with all of the necessary business documents.  Although creating a business from scratch was a lot of hard work, I really enjoyed it and learned several lessons that will help me throughout life.

I have had a lot of role models in my life, but one of the biggest is Eva Foxwell.  She taught me leadership qualities, how to be respectful and why you should work hard.  She changed my life for the better and I’m going to aspire to be like her, which is why I am nominating her for Educator of the Year.

Hailey C said...
Mar. 2 at 2:34 pm
Wow this essay blew me away, this was amazing. It was also well written and I agree on everything he said.

allison said...
Mar. 2 at 10:16 am
i loved it

Madie said...
Mar. 2 at 10:14 am
This is a very well written essay and I agree with everything said about Mrs. Foxwell, she really is as great as you say she is.

maddie.k said...
Mar. 2 at 10:14 am
Great essay!!!:)

Ashtin said...
Mar. 2 at 10:13 am
10/10 my guy

Uniorn said...
Mar. 2 at 10:13 am
Awesome essay

JeannieM said...
Mar. 2 at 10:12 am
Good Job! :)

JDhenry02 said...
Mar. 2 at 10:12 am
you got great writing skills

Ets. said...
Mar. 2 at 10:12 am
Amazing article, you've got talent.

adri lewicki said...
Mar. 2 at 10:12 am
Really good article that illustrates how great of a teacher Mrs. Foxwell is

Cameron said...
Mar. 2 at 10:11 am
nice essay my dude

jrigs02 said...
Mar. 2 at 10:10 am
this is amazing and should be in the newspaper or magizene

nick said...
Mar. 2 at 10:10 am
this was good

j.j.jada said...
Mar. 2 at 10:10 am
This was so good!!

banana ryan said...
Mar. 2 at 9:13 am
you got talent

jake said...
Mar. 2 at 9:13 am
very good made me laugh and cry at the same time because it was such a good writing article :D

Maya said...
Mar. 2 at 9:13 am
This writing was very good and I agree with him about Mrs. Foxwell.

Meara said...
Mar. 2 at 9:12 am
I wholeheartedly agree with this it made me cry, and I loved it.

getthecoolshoeshine said...
Mar. 2 at 9:11 am
GET THE COOL SHOE SHINE

AM74 said...
Mar. 2 at 9:11 am
I completely agree with you. Everything you wrote about her is true. Mrs. Foxwell really is that great of teacher. You wrote a great letter about Mrs. Foxwell.