Educator of the Year | Teen Ink

Educator of the Year

May 3, 2016
By Anonymous

For this contest I was challenged to think very deeply about a teacher or coach who meant the most to me or who was my biggest inspiration. Naturally I chose my former middle school teacher, Mr. Mead. He was more than a teacher; he was my friend. Let me show you.

Mr. Mead was always a very serious teacher. He didn’t like to wonder off task for too long. He was always on the straight and narrow, but on the other hand he was also a very funny guy. He could crack jokes like no tomorrow. The one thing that I liked about him the most was that he was so passionate about civics. He could talk about one specific thing for hours.


Mr. Mead was one of the few teachers who had been at Skyline Middle School for over 10 years. In fact he was the driving force behind establishing the wrestling team (which I was on for two years). He helped shape the Skyline wrestling team into one of the best teams in Red Clay. Anything that had to do with improving the school he had a part in it.


  At the beginning of the year he made it very clear that he expected nothing but the best whether you were in his class or not. The one thing that you couldn’t pull past him was slacking. If he caught wind of you slacking in any class, he would definitely let you know about it.


Mr. Mead was the best teacher that I ever had. There was just something about him that made you want to work hard and earn an “A” in his class. Not many kids are as lucky to have a teacher as good as he was, so I’m thankful that I got to be in his class for eighth grade. Thanks Mr. Mead; you’re nomination for Educator of the year.


The author's comments:

 Well I worked really hard on this paper and I dug down deep to think of things to say about my favorite teacher.