Mrs. Starkey | Teen Ink

Mrs. Starkey

February 7, 2009
By lightbearer GOLD, North Bloomfield, Ohio
lightbearer GOLD, North Bloomfield, Ohio
15 articles 0 photos 19 comments

Throughout life, there are going to be people or individuals that you admire. Then there are going the people that you wish you could actually be. But there also be the people who influenced or challenged you to your ultimate potential. I believe that the influencers are the most important because they leave an unmoving benefit on you. My influencer is Mrs. Starkey.

It all began on the last day of the first semester. I came home from school and proceeded to look for my class schedule for the next day, but I couldn't find it anywhere. So I decided to just wing it the next day and hope that I landed in the right classes. But that night, I couldn't fall asleep to safe my life! So since I couldn't sleep, I rummage through my dresser for the class schedule. And I found it! I spent almost all night trying to figure out my credits and classes. As I skimmed over the list one last time, I realized that I was scheduled to take Business Technology. I really didn't want to take the class, so I thought that I would just drop it and take another.

The next morning, I talked with my friend Joanna, because she was the only friend that had signed up for something other than Business Tech. She told me that she was schedule to take Writing Composition. Know I enjoy writing, but my type of writing is strictly fictional, sci-fi and fantasy to be exact. But I decided to take the class, though I will admit that I was not very excited about it.

But after having Mrs. Starkey for only one day, I new that I had found the ultimate class. Actually, I wouldn't even classify Writing Comp as a 'class', but rather a very enjoyable pleasure. Through her teaching and personality, I have found a new since and love for writing. She has both inspired me and challenged me to write to the best of my ability. Because of Mrs. Starkey, I have decided to write a novel and plan to have it published by the end of my senior year. Thank you so much Mrs. Starkey! Without you, I would have never found my gift and love for writing!