Mr. L | Teen Ink

Mr. L

By Zach Martinez BRONZE, Wilmington, Delaware
Zach Martinez BRONZE, Wilmington, Delaware

I would like to nominate Mr. Lingenfelter for the Educator of the Year award. I had him as a teacher last year in 8th grade for Social Studies. He was everything you could have wanted in a teacher. He was motivated to not just making us, his students, smarter but to make us better people. He was serious when it was time to do work, yet he knew how to mess around. Not to mention he donated his lunches to ping pong.
Everyday a select amount of students would get their lunches and come down to his room to play ping pong. We would all play together and just have a blast. Mr. L knew how much fun we had, so he could donated his time for us. That already has him standing out from the other teachers… but there's more.
Mr. L could motivate me to do anything in the world if he wanted. He used to pull me out of my wrestling practice for a minute just to tell me I was his hero. Every time I would hear those words flow through my ears, my day would get a lot brighter no matter how bright of a day it was already. He can always put a smile on my face no matter what.
  I’d consider Mr. L family if it came down to it. If I ever needed help with anything, he would do anything to help me get a good grade, and if that meant staying after school, then so be it. He knows too that if he ever needed something like to go out to his car and get something because he had his hip replaced, I would be there in a heartbeat to help him. He is honestly the nicest guy in the world, and not to brag but he has won teacher of the year already because of how amazing he is.
He separates himself from the other teachers. He's original and practical. Mr. L was so passionate about what he does as a teacher and how he can impact other's lives. If there will be one teacher I will remember forever, it will be Mr. Lingenfelter and that’s why  I would like to nominate Mr. L for the Educator of the Year award. I would like to nominate Mr. Lingenfelter for the Educator of the Year award. I had him as a teacher last year in 8th grade for Social Studies. He was everything you could have wanted in a teacher. He was motivated to not just making us, his students, smarter but to make us better people. He was serious when it was time to do work, yet he knew how to mess around. Not to mention he donated his lunches to ping pong.
He separates himself from the other teachers. He's original and practical. Mr. L was so passionate about what he does as a teacher and how he can impact other's lives. If there will be one teacher I will remember forever, it will be Mr. Lingenfelter and that’s why  I would like to nominate Mr. L for the Educator of the Year award. 

My teacher inspired ne to write this.