Educator of the Year | Teen Ink

Educator of the Year

By SummerMustDance BRONZE, Evening Shade, Arkansas
SummerMustDance BRONZE, Evening Shade, Arkansas

If you do not try, then you will automatically fail.

Mrs. Bobbie Paysinger                                   

Cavecity High School                                                                     
                                      Educator of The Year            
I have had many teachers in the past eleven years of my life. There has been many that I love and that I continue to have a personal relationship with; Then, there is the teachers that I see in walmart, and I immediately take cover hoping not to catch a beam of their harmful lazor vision. But I guess I can say that I am thankful for each and everyone of my teachers. They have pushed me to my limits and helped me become the determined woman that I am today.
I believe that everybody favors a teacher. Throughout my years of attending school, it is really hard to decide who I truly favor. I have spent the longest amount of time with my English teacher, Mrs. Bobbie Paysinger. Now my grammar may not be up to par, but that is not her fault. It is mine. I spend too much time spacing out into the cobwebbed corners of the classroom. I love how Mrs. Paysinger can get so caught up in the moment when we read literature. Old English is not my thing. I am not very interested in it; Therefore, I do not get it. But she stops and explains it all. It is nice when a student can tell that a teacher actually enjoys what he or she is doing. Now Mrs. Paysinger may get overwhelmed with papers to grade every once in awhile, but she always gets things done! The lady is superwoman. She manages to slap a smile on her face, and she makes it through the day whether she is stressed or not. I have never witnessed Mrs. Paysinger blow up on a student. She handles her temper like a trooper, well, what is there of her temper.
       Sitting in this classroom for the third year in a row, I have realized that by the end of the first semester, our class is more like a tiny family. What would we do without Mrs. Paysinger’s guidance? She will put a soft spoken word out when it is needed. When things are sullen. She laughs with the class because her sense of humor is not above ours. But above all, Mrs. Paysinger is simply a really good teacher. She’ll be patient with you, and she knows if you understand the lesson by the end of class. She knows her students like the back of her hand; I couldn’t ask for any more from a teacher.