Educator of the Year | Teen Ink

Educator of the Year

By Matthew124 BRONZE, Palm Desert, California
Matthew124 BRONZE, Palm Desert, California

Educator of the Year

Dave Murphy, a man, a PE teacher, a friend, and a motivator at Palm Desert Middle School. Mr. Murphy is an outstanding teacher who helps out in school and helps students and motivates people to keep going even though they’re about to give up or don’t believe in themselves anymore.
Mr. Murphy has personally helped me believe in myself more. Whenever we have agilities or we play a game and I’ve given up, Mr Murphy helps me believe in myself. He encourages me to see that no matter what you can turn things around for the best as long as you believe in yourself. Mr. Murphy has also taught me how to strive my hardest for things that I want. Mr. Murphy always makes sure that i'm at my best during his class exercises. Mr. Murphy wants the best for all his students and he’ll show it no matter what even if it’s offensive to some. He’s shown me to never stop until I finish the race and to always help others.
Mr. Murphy doesn't only help physically with people but he also helps after school academically in the after school program at my school called Bridges. Murphy starts out the day with reading and helps as much as he possibly can with every single subject. Mr.Murphy also encourages everyone to keep their grades up at all times. He personally helped me get my first straight A’s in middle school. He made sure my homework was always done and that I had all my assignments up to date and all my grades were up to par. Whenever I was troubled with something during school I knew I could count on him after school to help me.
Mr. Murphy overall is an amazing person. He’s a trustworthy friend. He’s someone that’ll  always believe in you even if you don’t. He’s someone that’ll make you strive to do your best and reach for the stars.