Educator of the Year Award | Teen Ink

Educator of the Year Award

Funny, nice, reasonable, and knows their job well. That is the kind of teacher who deserves Educator of the year. I know a few teachers who are all of those, but one of them really stand out to me. Mrs. Fursetzer.
I remember my 6th grade World Cultures class. I usually hate history, but this year really changed that fact. Even though Mrs. Fursetzer assigned homework, which no one likes doing, she assigned the right amount of homework. Her homework helped me learn what I needed to know for the next class. Her in-class activities were so fun! They were like educational games, and we were learning so much more than we thought we were! She also has a great sense of humor! I remember when we were studying the Ancient Mayans, we played our own version of Mayan Butt-Ball outside the classroom! That is a memory that I will never forget!
Every time I see her in the hallway, she is always doing something to make everyone laugh. She dresses up on halloween, she knows her students well, and if you are not following the rules, she knows how to change that within 3 seconds. For example, at our school, we have to tuck in our shirts because we have to wear uniforms. Whenever Mrs. Fursetzer see’s me with my shirt untucked, she will simply call me by my sisters name (because she knows it bothers me) and I will know exactly what she is trying to say.
Mrs. Fursetzer deserves the Educator of the year award because she is funny, festive, and fun, but does not let any of that get in the way of teaching her students.