The Science Teacher | Teen Ink

The Science Teacher

By Harrison816 BRONZE, Coconut Creek, Florida
Harrison816 BRONZE, Coconut Creek, Florida

My nomination for educator of the year of 2015 is Mr. Murray.  I first met Mr. Murray in the seventh grade when I took care of his bearded dragon over the summer.  Well, his bearded dragon and mine had babies.  I brought them into his class so they could watch them grow.  That’s one the reasons I know him as the person he is.  I always knew Mr. Murray as a fun and exciting person, but never as a teacher.

Then I was moved into his advisory class, which is like a homeroom class. Once moved into his class I soon realized that his was an even better teacher than I thought.  Mr. Murray is a role model for kids and teachers, treating everyone with respect and kindness. He welcomes you into his classroom as if it was his home.  People who don’t even have his class visit him before or after school.

Mr. Murray has a unique view of teaching that makes himself different from any other teacher.  He engages his students with fun activities that lets them comprehend the subject better than if he taught a lesson.   Mr. Murray uses interactive and challenging activities to motivate kids to enjoy his subject.  He shows examples of science throughout his classroom, making a learning environment that draws people into his classroom.