Teacher of the year | Teen Ink

Teacher of the year

January 8, 2015
By Matthew K BRONZE, Coconut Creek, Florida
Matthew K BRONZE, Coconut Creek, Florida
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

A good teacher is not a teacher who just teaches their subject, but makes you WANT to learn about their subject. A good teacher is one who cares about how their student performs in their class. A good teacher can make a boring subject fun to learn about. Students like teachers who do these things because it makes them want to go to their class every day. It is important for any teacher to try to do these things.

Mr. Greco is a perfect example of all of these things. He is my history teacher, which I have always found to be a particularly boring subject. He makes me want to come to history everyday and has made it my favorite academic class to attend to. The way that he did this was he made history fun. Instead of reading from a textbook, he lets us do fun projects, activities, and shows us videos. I commend him for this and wish every teacher would do this.

I have always hated history. Over the years it has been one of the most boring classes for me to go to. Mr. Greco has not only changed that, but has taught me so much more than I had in the previous years. If every teacher was like him then school would actually be fun! He definitely deserves the educator of the year award for his teaching.

The educator of the year award should no doubt go to Mr. Greco. He has been a role model for me all year by not only being the greatest teacher ever, but also a great football and basketball coach. He has changed the way that I think about history. Thank you Mr. Greco.