Educator of the Year | Teen Ink

Educator of the Year

By Alyona SILVER, Hartland, Wisconsin
Alyona SILVER, Hartland, Wisconsin

"Never lie to someone who trusts you; Never trust someone who lies to you"

It was the second day of senior year and I was really excited. I mean I had a smile that was so big that anyone who walked past me would know that I was a nice person. I was walking down the hall and decided to visit each of my classes just to see what the teachers were like. As I walked into room 139 I saw a teacher. He was tall and had grey hair and a scraggly beard. He wore the Arrowhead colors (red, blue, and white) and he was sitting at a really big desk.
I walked in and he looked up and smiled at me. I asked him if this was Environmental Biology. He responded by saying yes it was. I then introduced myself and he introduced himself as Mr. Albers. I told him a really good joke and he laughed and then told me he would have to use me as a reference.
Mr. Albers teaches Environmental Biology and Biology. He is very nice and is also really funny. He has this really weird habit of saying something funny and then stopping and looking at us for a few seconds before continuing on with the lesson. Mr. Albers is a great teacher and loves the great outdoors. He is very enthusiastic when talking about trees and he loves all his students. Sometimes it is hard to keep up with him and sometimes the time just flies by.
Mr.  Albers is a really sweet guy and I love being in his class. He is awesome, cool, and creative. Mr. Albers is my teacher, my mentor and my friend.