Andrew Goldenkranz

By AliciaMarzolf ELITE, Cupertino, California
AliciaMarzolf ELITE, Cupertino, California

I was never really sure about Biology. Some aspects were interesting to me, while others were dreadfully boring. However, the moment I stepped into Mr. Goldenkranz’ classroom, I knew that was about to change.
Mr. Goldenkranz always seemed happy, and smiled whenever his students came into his air-conditioned classroom. He would greet us: “Good morning, biologists”, making us feel like more than just students. His fierce passion for science diffused into all of us, and Biology was more than a mandatory 9th grade class. It was fun. Mr. Goldenkranz mixed in personal experiences and life lessons with his lessons, and always had us apply what we learned to real-world biological issues and debates. His teaching fostered a hunger for biology within me, and helped me be certain of a future college major: some sort of biological science. His passion influenced mine.
Mr. Goldenkranz was not only a teacher, but someone to talk to as well. I would often tell him about my horse, and he would listen, curiously asking questions about horse riding and care. He was also a figure of support for me. Towards the end of freshmen year, I went through difficult emotional trauma. Mr. Goldenkranz was there for me, promising to always be willing to talk if I needed it. On the last day of school, I was so sad to leave such a great teacher and mentor behind. He gave me a hug and told me I would do great things.
Mr. Goldenkranz was, and still is, an amazing educator and figure of support. He will always be my favorite teacher.

SciArc

MacMillan Books

Aspiring Writer? Take Our Online Course!