Andrew Goldenkranz

I was never really sure about Biology. Some aspects were interesting to me, while others were dreadfully boring. However, the moment I stepped into Mr. Goldenkranz’ classroom, I knew that was about to change.
Mr. Goldenkranz always seemed happy, and smiled whenever his students came into his air-conditioned classroom. He would greet us: “Good morning, biologists”, making us feel like more than just students. His fierce passion for science diffused into all of us, and Biology was more than a mandatory 9th grade class. It was fun. Mr. Goldenkranz mixed in personal experiences and life lessons with his lessons, and always had us apply what we learned to real-world biological issues and debates. His teaching fostered a hunger for biology within me, and helped me be certain of a future college major: some sort of biological science. His passion influenced mine.
Mr. Goldenkranz was not only a teacher, but someone to talk to as well. I would often tell him about my horse, and he would listen, curiously asking questions about horse riding and care. He was also a figure of support for me. Towards the end of freshmen year, I went through difficult emotional trauma. Mr. Goldenkranz was there for me, promising to always be willing to talk if I needed it. On the last day of school, I was so sad to leave such a great teacher and mentor behind. He gave me a hug and told me I would do great things.
Mr. Goldenkranz was, and still is, an amazing educator and figure of support. He will always be my favorite teacher.