My Favorite Teacher | Teen Ink

My Favorite Teacher

By Tyler Noethiger BRONZE, Middletown, Delaware
Tyler Noethiger BRONZE, Middletown, Delaware

My Favorite Teacher

Smat!! You would hear right before you hear a kid go owww. You knew that you were in

Darrisaws class because she was the only one that threw something at you. You know not

to mess around once you enter or your face was next with a shoe or a book or whatever

was near. So this is why she would probably be one of my favorite teachers and the one

I am going to miss the most.

Mrs.Darrisaw was a very funny woman and she always knew how to put a smile on every

kids face. She also knew how to see what kids struggled and what strived so she knew

who she needed to work with and who to not work with. When ever someone had trouble

she would be right there and help in any class she would always help you figure out the

problem and how it could be solved. She knew every kid very well and mostly knew each

kids weakness and strength and would give them extra guidance on how to do better.

I knew that any time I had to go to her that I could and she would make time for me

and show me how to do things that I had no clue about.

Mrs. Darrisaw was also very down to earth and knew where you were coming from when

you were explaining yourself. She never treated any kid different, in her eyes everyone

deserved to be treated the same doesn’t matter color weither your smart or not. I would

love to nominate her because I know she has helped plenty of kids pass classes by

spending her time helping them when others can’t. I would also nominate her because

she would never say no to answer nor get angry if you didn’t get what was being teached
and needed help she was always there. Everyday I would hear Tylerrrrr! You get all your

homework done? Of course my response would be yes because if not I would have the

next thing thrown at me.

In addition Mrs. Darrisaw never acted different if another teacher walked in or if the

principal walked in. She never changed and that shows a lot in a teacher to me, it shows

that she is serious about what she does and how she does it and doesn’t care what others

think. I knew that she was the perfect teacher because she never sugar coated anything

talked to my parents the same she talked to us and told you straight up. I’ve always

wanted to do something like this for her because I want others to understand that she got

me through most of middle school and because of that I go to a great high school. So I

nominate Mrs. Darrisaw to be on teen ink so the word about her gets out and she knows

what she did for me.

Last but not least Mrs. Darrisaw was a very great teacher and I respect her the most out

of every single teacher I had through my years so far. Also I believe that she really truly

cares about the kids and where they are at and most teachers don’t so I thank her for that.

She taught me to push toward my goals and to never let down and if you come to a stand

still then call her up and tell her what’s going on because I know she will be there no

matter what.