Nadia Mobley: English • Newark Charter School | Teen Ink

Nadia Mobley: English • Newark Charter School MAG

By Jacob Spruill BRONZE, Newark, Delaware
Jacob Spruill BRONZE, Newark, Delaware

Educator of the year – why don’t they just call it “Mrs. Mobley Recognition Prize”? Energetic, active, jovial, and hilarious, Mrs. Mobley is the best teacher I’ve ever had. I was blessed to have her for English in sixth grade. I always looked forward to her class because she radiated an aura of joy. She sees the positive in everything, and I want the world to know how exceptional she is.

Mrs. Mobley was very creative in the classroom. All of the things we did had a Mobley twist that no other teacher had. For example, every day there was a fragment of a sentence on the board (like “If caterpillars ate toothpaste …”), and we would write a journal entry finishing the sentence. I always looked forward to that exercise. Mrs. Mobley would play classical music in the background; she said that you learn better listening to it. She was always concerned about our schoolwork, wanting the best for each of us.

Mrs. Mobley also did an extraordinary job with creating writing assignments. Instead of boring writing prompts, Mrs. Mobley’s were interesting and engaging. She also gave us a lot of free choice.

Mrs. Mobley is not only exceptional at teaching, she also does a phenomenal job encouraging her students. She would always be over my shoulder helping me with whatever troubles I had. You’ll never guess what she would do when she read an outstanding writing piece. She would tap-dance in the hallway! It was one of the ways she showed her enthusiasm. She also had the class perform cheers after someone read their writing. “You’re the bomb, like tick, tick” and “1 2 3 so call me maybe” were two exciting cheers she had for us.

Beyond a shadow of a doubt, the Educator of the Year Award belongs to Nadia Mobley. Her outstanding dedication to her students’ education is phenomenal. She adds her style to learning and has a constant positive attitude toward life. I could always count on her to help with any problems, and to this day I pop into her classroom as often as I can. No other teacher has taken her place as my favorite. Mrs. Mobley definitely deserves this award.