Educator of the Year | Teen Ink

Educator of the Year

March 31, 2014
By DeFeNsElAxEr BRONZE, Wilmington, Delaware
DeFeNsElAxEr BRONZE, Wilmington, Delaware
2 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Educator of the Year Nomination
There is only on teacher I want to nominate for this award. the teacher that sticks out is my eith grade English teacher, Mrs. Simon .Mrs. Simon helped me with a lot my eighth grade year. I wouldn’t have made it into the Delaware Military Academy if she wasn’t there to help me write my application. This is my nomination to nominate my eighth grade English teacher Mrs. Simon.
She has helped me with so many things. She always helps her students with whatever they need. She helped me find out who I was and helped me work to my best potential. She was always there if I needed help and would take her own time out of her day to assist me. Mrs. Simon was awesome and that made me want to be in her class more than any other.
Allot of Mrs. Simon’s lessons also tied along with life lessons. She made my eight grade year one of my best. Her journal entries actually helped me find out things about me that I never knew. She always would take her time and would make sure the class knew about what we were learning, and if we didn’t know, she would review it one-on-one. One of Mrs. Simon’s lessons that rubbed off on me was her Holocaust unit and the one main thing that I got from that lesson is to help your peers and speak up if you see something wrong.
Mrs. Simon is one of the main reasons who I am today. I have opened up a lot to people, and I want to help people the best I can. I stayed with her for lunch a few times, and when I left, I felt like I learned more in those thirty minutes than in an hour class because she could explain a lot more during that time. She was always happy, and her smile made me want to be in her class just so much more. If I could say anything to her as I am typing this, it would be thank you.
I think Mrs. Simon deserves this nomination more than anyone else. She is the best teacher and the most helpful one. She’s helped me want to succeed in life and my school career. If I could take her class again I would. Thank you for reading my nomination and I hope you can see why I feel so strongly about Mrs. Simon.