Educator of the Year Award | Teen Ink

Educator of the Year Award

By setting.sarah BRONZE, Wilmington, Delaware
setting.sarah BRONZE, Wilmington, Delaware

Mrs. Blum was my favorite teacher at Brandywine Springs. She was the best English teacher in the whole school. I chose her to nominate for the education of the year award because no matter what was going on in school, she would always come into class with a big smile on her face. She always had the best attitude and worked with students on things they did not understand in class. She was always great with us.

If you couldn't understand what you were doing in class or if you were absent, she would talk to you or give you instructions and help you understand what you missed or did not understand. She was never mean to anyone or any student; she had the perfect balance
of authority. She would always make lessons, lectures, and assignments fun no matter what.
She did a lot to make her students happy.

In eighth grade we did not take a lot of field trips, but when we did, they were awesome.

Mrs. Blum would always make sure we got to see and do, the coolest things. Even when we had other assignments to do, she would always help us out with our homework. Before I graduated, i donated books to her, and i helped her organize them too. The number one thing I had in common with Mrs. Blum was we both loved to read books everyday. She taught me to love English. I used to think it was the most boring class of the day. Then, I had her as my English teacher my last year at BSS, which was the best year. Her classes were never boring or dull. She walked through each step when some students were confused or off track.

If you ever saw me in her class when I had spare time I would always be doing something for her helping out. Mrs. Blum treated us all equally, that's one of the traits I loved about her. She didn't have favorites; she was the best when it came to fairness as well. She was the best
teacher in Brandywine Springs! Her classes always cheered me up, and every student who had her class the least i can do is nominate her for this award; she really deserves it. We all miss her!