Mr. L EOY | Teen Ink

Mr. L EOY

By Dan Hughes BRONZE, Wilmington, Delaware
Dan Hughes BRONZE, Wilmington, Delaware

Ever since the first day of eighth grade my perspective on how I look at so many things changed. The reason for this was because I met my social studies teacher. His name was Mr. L; I walked into his classroom, and it was like no other classroom I’ve seen before. He had so many pictures on the walls and every single ceiling tile was painted by his previous students.

Toward the end of my eighth grade year my school had a field trip to Washington D.C. with my social studies class. Going there was an experience I will always remember because of the historic things I saw. It was crazy to actually see some of the things I’ve never seen before in Washington D.C. That field trip will always be something I remember because of all the things I saw that day.

In Mr. L’s classroom every student felt secure and better than in most other classes. From the first day of school Mr. L made it clear that his classroom would be a place where his students felt comfortable. I liked him personally, not just as a teacher. He connected with his students in a way that most teachers couldn’t. Mr. L’s class was always interesting too; he always tried to get the students involved, and he made learning fun.
The main reason why Mr. L had such a great impact on me was because of his ping pong club. Only male students could be in the club, and it was held during lunch. During the club Mr. L hung out with his students not just as a teacher but as a friend. He even played on teams during the ping pong games. His classroom was more than just a place to go to for social studies class.
In conclusion, he was one of the best teachers I’ve ever had. I actually looked forward to going to his class. He always made it so all his students got they were work done and had a good time while their doing it. I’m pretty sure no student could ever walk out of Mr. L’s class at the end of the year and say they didn’t enjoy it. He was an inspiration to every student who walked through the door of his classroom. Thanks Mr. L for. You’re my nomination for Teenink’s Educator of the Year award.